With bountiful sunshine, it’s no secret that California has been a leader in solar energy for years. However, with so many recent changes to solar policies throughout the state, many home and business owners are hesitant, wondering if solar is still worth it here in Monterey Bay. At Premo Solar, we think it is!
Unpredictable weather, grid outages, and expensive electricity rates are an unfortunate reality here in California. Luckily, residential and commercial solar panel installation can help you combat these issues and more—especially when combined with solar battery backup.
Solar Panel Installation Cost
When considering if solar is worth it for your home or business, an important factor to consider is the cost of the initial installation. However, there are many aspects involved when calculating how much solar panels cost. At Premo Solar, we look at the following when putting together an estimate:
- Your energy usage
- The slope & style of your roof
- Building size
- Access to direct sunlight
Our team is also knowledgeable on what solar incentives are available throughout Monterey, Santa Cruz, Salinas, and surrounding areas for both residential and commercial installations. The solar tax credits, rebates, and other incentives can drastically cut the cost of solar panels and batteries, making them more affordable.
How Much Can You Save With Solar Panels?
The exact amount you’ll save on your electricity bill will depend on the size of your solar system, your energy usage, and your current rates from your utility provider. The average lifespan of solar panels is about 25 years, and your savings will grow over time as you reach the end of your solar payback period (the amount of time it takes to get a return on your investment). The team at Premo Solar can walk you through the cost and savings you’ll experience with your custom solar system during your free consultation.
The Benefits of Solar + Battery Storage
Solar panels and battery backup are a smart investment for any California home or business, providing a great deal of benefits including:
- Lower (or eliminated) electricity costs – Solar panels can help cut your energy bills, and battery storage allows you to store your generated electricity to use when your panels aren’t producing, like at night.
- Blackout protection – As outages and PSPS events are happening more than ever in Monterey Bay, solar batteries can help you keep the lights on when the grid is down.
- Energy independence – By producing your own electricity, you won’t be beholden to rising electricity rates.
- Lower carbon footprint – Since solar energy is 100% renewable, solar panels and battery backup will reduce your carbon emissions.
At Premo Solar, we’ve been installing premium solar panel and battery backup systems throughout the Central Coast for decades. With California’s big push towards electrification and renewable energy, we believe that solar is worth it for any home or business. We only use the highest quality products for our installations, including SunPower, Enphase, and Tesla Powerwall. When it comes to going solar, why wait until the rates get higher and outages are an everyday occurrence?