Get Rid of Your
Work with the team of solar & roofing professionals serving the Santa Cruz, CA area
Estimate Your Savings
Solar & Roofing Experts in Santa Cruz
With your roof being the most logical place to install solar panels every solar project needs to involve a licensed roofing contractor. Without roofing expertise your solar project is missing half of the equation!
Premo Solar services the Santa Cruz area and has 13 years of solar experience under our belt and has been in the roofing and waterproofing business since 1983 with Premo Roofing. Premo Solar is a division of Premo Roofing and both work together to provide you with a watertight roof undisturbed during the solar installation process. Our proven reputation can you give you the peace of mind that your solar project will be done right from start to finish.
Gain Your Energy Independence!
Should I Go Solar in Santa Cruz?
Abundant sunshine is a big plus when considering a photovoltaic system installation. Santa Cruz property owners are blessed with an estimated 262 days of sunshine each year. Here are two questions to answer before deciding to invest in a photovoltaic system in Santa Cruz.
How much is your energy bill?
While saving money on your electric bill isn’t the only benefit of installing solar panels, it’s a top priority for most Santa Cruz home and business owners. Although the prices of solar panels are steadily dropping, installing a photovoltaic system on your roof is still a significant investment. If your roof isn’t in good condition, you’ll need to repair or replace it to get the most out of a new photovoltaic system. Even with tax breaks and other incentives, the costs of installing solar panels quickly add up. Industry insiders estimate that property owners won’t realize cost savings from photovoltaic system installations unless they currently pay more than $75 per month for electricity. Central Coast residents pay an estimated $76 per month in summer and $86 per month in winter for electricity according to a report that the California Public Utilities Commission published in 2015.
What kind of roof do you have?
Santa Cruz properties feature a variety of roof styles and configurations. If you have a south-facing roof that has between a 30 and 40-degree slope, it’s time to get serious about solar. Professional solar installers can mount solar panels on a variety of roofing materials. However, it’s easier to install solar panels on asphalt shingle and metal seam roofs than on most other roof types.
Top Benefits of Solar in Santa Cruz
Most Reliable Solar Products
Premo Solar is using the best and most reliable solar products available today on the market, including LG panels and Enphase IQ microinverters.
LG Solar Panels
- 25 year warranty
- Performs well on hot days
- Better aesthetic appeal
- Bifacial solar cell technology
- Highest efficiency on the market at 21.7%
Enphase IQ Microinverters
- Highest safety – low voltage DC never exceeds 80 volts
- Greater production – Enphase produces up to 3.1% more energy
- Faster to install
- No single point of failure
Premo Solar Blog
- How Commercial Solar Installation Can Increase Retail Profitability for California Shopping MallsShopping malls are the pinnacle of the American retail experience. However, more and more consumers […]
- A Homeowner’s Guide on Protecting Your Home Before, During, and After a Power OutageBig storms, disruptions to power stations or powerlines as well as brownouts can all cause […]
- Will California Demand Solar Power in 2023? What the Proposed Mandate by the California Energy Commission Means for You Solar power is a form of energy that’s created when solar technologies convert sunlight directly […]